Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 30 March 2014

Flower Power

Hi Folks!  First of all HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mother's that are out there.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Second, I have here my entry for the Clarity Stamp Challenge for March which the theme is FLOWERS.

I chose the design of my card around the verse If I had a single flower... a quote from Ghandi which Clarity Stamp have made into a lovley little stamp.  It is a very apt verse to use for the card that I made as the person it was made for means a lot to me personally and we have a great link through crafting and gardening too.

The other stamps that I have used in the making of this card are:
Floral Crook,  Large Dragonfly, ( Small Dragonfly, However You Spend it verse,on insert ), I also used the latest New Design Club Stamp....Large Edelweiss...I do not have a link for that yet as we in the Club get it a month before it goes on sale to the general public so it should be available on-line in April.

I started with post-it notes and stamped out my flowers which I then spent some time cutting them out for masks.  I use about 3 layers of post-it each time I make a mask and If I don't use them all I store them on a piece of copy paper in a poly pocket in my Masks binder.



I masked off the edges of an A5 sheet of Theuva Card  and stamped out the Floral Crook in Black Adirondack ink.  I placed my first set of mask for this stamp.  I then began to build up the floral border by stamping and then masking.

I stamped the Ghandi Verse into place and followed this with the Dragonfly. ( I masked the Dragonfly )
I then tore a piece of copy paper  to get a rough edge for the horizon and coloured in the sky with Memento Summer Sky ink and I coloured the foreground with Whisper Sage ink using a make-up sponge.


Once this was done I removed all the masks and took a fine Black Liner around the edge of my picture.  I then trimmed the Theuva Card and matted it onto a piece of Black Card from my stash which I then matted onto an A5 White Card.

On the insert which is White Super Smooth paper, I stamped out the verse However You Spend it... and I also stamped the two Dragonflies.  ( my friend loves Dragonflies ). I made an envelope and stamped the small dragonfly inside the flap too.


Here is a larger picture of the finished card.  I have deliberately NOT coloured in the flowers because I love to see the detail in these stamps.  They stand out so well that sometimes there is just no need for colour.  I do hope you like it and welcome any feedback.  

I'm off now to link this up with the Clarity Stamp Challenge  - Flower Power    

Happy Crafting.

Emma xx

Designed by Emma Burns, Handmade in Scotland, http://emmburns.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment