Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 27 September 2014

Nature

Hi Folks!  Hope you are all having a lovely Saturday!  I have been a bit busy this past week as my oldest daughter Carrie came for a visit.  She actually cycled from the East Coast right through to the West Coast last weekend.  She made amazing time and it was quite an acheivement for her.  Very proud of you Carrie x  In honour of her taking the route that she did (not a dedicated cycle route) and a more hilly one at that, I have made a little landscape for her.

Unfortunately Carrie didn't get to see any deer on this trip but hopefully she can get to see some next time she is through for a visit. She told me that she was stunned by the scenery that she cycled through on her way to see us and quite often she just had to stop and stare.



So I thought that the Life Verse I have used is very apt for her.  I started with a piece of A5 Theuva Card and I used Memento - Olive Grove to stamp this into position first.  I used torn copy paper, makeup sponge and once again Olive Grove ink to create the landscape. I then stamped the Fawn and the Deerscape in Archival - Ginger.  I went back to the Olive Grove for the rest of the stamping

I then used a collection of Remountable Leaves to create plants and foliage.  I also used a Pointilism stamp to give a bit more texture to the foreground and the brows of the hills. I added some trees in the background using a bit of the Pine Forest stamp and also a single small Spruce Tree with Northern Pine Ink with a little bit of secondary stamping going on too.

Close-up of the 'shrubbery' created using the Leaves set and the Pointilism Stamp.

I used the large Birch Leave and Memento - Northern Pine to stamp around the top and sides.  But before doing that I took one of my Clarity Stencil Brushes, Whispers - Sunshine and circled in a setting sun.  I then used  a Big n Juicy - Soothing Sunset ink pad, covered my hills with copy paper and took the stencil brush along the length of the art work starting with the yellow edge.  I changed brushes and added some of the darker pink and then again I used the darkest shade almost a purple.  I finished the sky by adding in a bit more darkness with Memento - Paris Dusk.  I then added the Birds in flight.

At this point I felt that the foreground was a bit too light for a setting sun so I decided to add a bit more shading using a large Clarity Stencil Brush and Memento - Northern Pine and then brushed this lightly all over the greenery until I was satisfied.

I trimmed my artwork and edged it with a black Sharpie pen.  This will be mounted onto a bright white background and then framed.  Now I had better get back into my craft room and tidy up my mess!

I hope you like it.  I have decided that this will also be my entry for Clarity Stamp Challenge for this month, which just happens to be Nature...well fancy that!

Happy Crafting everyone!

Hugs

Emma


http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-19.html

No comments:

Post a Comment