Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 12 September 2014

Photo to Canvas

Hi Folks!

I thought that I would share a card that I did for my son's birthday this week.  He is an avid outdoorsman and he loves to take photographs of all the beautiful scenery wherever he goes.  Earlier this year he went on a camping trip up to Stirling and he took some lovely pictures.  I decided that I would take one of his photos and make it into a card for him.
I loved the lighting and the view in this photo and I decided that I would put it onto canvas and then mount that onto a card.

Stirling Castle By George R Summers 2014

I had fun tearing up copy paper to make masks for the various hills.  I used various inks from Distress - chipped sapphire to memento - summer sky to achieve the shading.  Being on canvas I couldn't get the shine of the light that the original photo has but all in all I am quite happy with it...more to the point my son recognised his photo right away so I was not that far of it.

I quite liked doing this and I will have to look out some more photographs to copy.



Happy crafting everyone.


Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment