Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 1 July 2015

Claritystamp Clallenge # 29

Hi Folks!  1st of the month!  JULY!!!!!!!  No it can't be!!!!!
Time is just moving too fast for me theses days!  How about for you?  
Well nothing to be done but fit as much crafting into a day that I can 
and this little number below was a quickie for me.

My Design Team Piece for 
Claritystamp Challenge
No 29
Anything Goes
(as long as its Clarity)

I taped up the edges of my Gelli Card (comes cut into lovely squares).  This was a job that called for Masking, so I stamped my deckchair, ball, bucket and the Banner onto Post-it Notes, stamped my images onto the Card and covered them with the masks.  (I already had Masks for the Beach Houses supplied by ClarityStamp, also a Moon Mask)
Torn Copier paper to make sand dunes, sea and sky.  My Claritystamp Stencil Brushes (of course) and inks used were Adirondack: Butterscotch, Stonewashed and Black Archival.

So with masks and copy paper in place I added the Sky using light strokes with my brush to build up the colour.  I then used the other bit of paper to cover the sky and then build up the sand dunes.
I stood back to look at the image and I wasn't quite happy with the sky so I went in with a make-up sponge and dabbed a bit of blue here and there.  I used my Stencil Brush on the Sun in a swirling action with the leftover Butterscotch....I felt the rest of the image was bright enough without me overdoing it with the Sun!!!
I used various Distress Markers to colour in my images (once I had removed the masks of course). Next I removed the masking tape from around the edges.  I took a Black Fineliner around the inner edge Twice.....I normally like to do a straight line but I felt this needed a bit of a squiggle.  I coloured all the little spaces with a Denim Distress Marker.  I then used an Indigo Blue ProMarker for around the edge and mounted this onto an 8 x 8 Card Blank.
I Die Cut two Tags, punched a small hole at one end, coloured them with Butterscotch Ink, threaded through a bit Butchers Twine and stamped the Top Tag with the "Lee" using the brilliant Letterbox Kit (that is what I used to stamp the Good Luck with).
All done and dusted apart from the message that will go inside.....Nah Nah!!!
So what happened!!!
Close up of border and bow
I took the pictures of the finished card...chose what I thought was the best one...sent it onto our wonderful leader Sazz...came on here today to finish writing my post....oh my silly me!!!!!
I had forgot to put in the ties that hold the Banner up!!!!
leaving it floating in mid-air!
Fine Liner in hand.  Got it sorted, took another picture, then sneakily went in and changed it!
(Hope no-one noticed)
So that is my piece for this challenge.  I hope you like it and forgive my blatant error....that's what happens when you try to do too much in a rush.

Please pop over to the Claritystamp Challenge Blog and have a peek at the WONDERFUL artwork created by the rest of the Design Team to give you some inspiration.  If you haven't had a go before, now is the perfect time with this theme...just get your Clarity Stash out and have a play.
But do remember to post your entry on the Blog or email a picture and your name into Sazzle at:

 ClarityStampChallenge@hotmail.com

We all look forward to seeing your lovely entries
and Congratulation the Winner of the £50 Gift Voucher
and our Top 5 Pick

Happy Crafting!

Hugs 
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment