It has also been quite a time for us with our two cats and two tortoises...vet trips with the cats fighting (not each other) and a 3 hour dash to the other side of the country to get to a tortoise specialist to remove a microchip from one of our tortoises that had started to work itself loose...all pets doing well now.
I also treated myself to a new summer house ( that took a lot of painting ) and I am in the middle of making a very low coffee table to go in it. (just waiting on some rope to arrive).
So now I have to get on and do some cards for Christmas and a few birthday cards too (that will keep me out of trouble for a bit)
For a long while now I have wanted to make myself a clock and I have finally got around to it. I really needed to make one to go in the new summerhouse as I can sit in there all day and the next thing you know its 9 pm and I have missed lunch and dinner!
So here is my clock. The inks I have used are all Archival and the Stamps that I have used are all from Claritystamp.co.uk
I started with a piece of wood (from an old drawer base) I cut it down to size and drilled a hole for the clock fixings. I then gave it and undercoat of white paint. I took my forest mask ( Clarity Stamp again ) and dabbed on some Fern Green ink. I did 3 rows of this stencil. Next I took a Tree and stamped it in front of the stencil. Now I did this while the paint was still tacky for a reason...You can get the look of acrylic paints by doing this. It adds a bit more dimension to your work, just remember to have a cleaner for your stamp handy so as not to transfer the paint onto the inkpad. I started using this technique years ago when the kids were much younger as I didn't want acrylic paint in the house - not easy to clean up once dried!
I then stamped the tree from the winter wonderland set. I used stamps from the Birdhouse set for the bottom and also for the foliage around the clock face. I used the numbers from the number set. I used Cornflower Blue and Cobalt for the sky, putting it on with a mixture of stencil brush and make-up sponge. To finish it off I took my Fern Green ink pad around the edges to give a border. Now I just have to give it time to dry properly and I can get it hung up in place in my new summerhouse!
I forgot to mention the small fern and the grass stamp that I also used.
So all in all I am quite happy with my home made clock especially as it started out as an old drawer base! I hope you like it too.
I have to get on now as I have a bag and a quiver to make but I will post soon with pictures of the reflection landscapes that I made while I was absent from Blogland.
Happy Crafting Everyone