Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 20 May 2016

A little bit of Groovi for May

Hi Folks!  I hope you are all well and having fun wherever you are and whatever you are doing.  Me? I have had a good start to the month of May.  lots of Parching in my craft room, a surprise visit from my youngest daughter and her partner.  We also had a visit from our other daughter, so it was very lovely to have all my 3 children together.
Now I have to get myself organised for the next Groovi Workshops in Scotland and the next set of TV samples. But in the meantime I thought I would share some samples from the Groovi Show with the lovely talented Maria Simms from Claritystamp. You should check out her work!!!
Maria showcased two new designs of Groovi Plates to compliment the Geisha and Waterhouse Plates that were recently released.  These two new plates were designed by the lovely Tina Cox (isn't it fantastic news that she has joined Claritystamp).

So first up is a simple landscape featuring the new Bamboo and Butterflies Plate.
Also used were the Starter Kit, Double Line Border Plate, Nested Square Plate, Landscape Plate.
Just a quick piece embossed onto Pale Blue Parchment.
This card Features the New Fan Plate. I have added some detail from the Waterhouse Plate and kept it simple with some traditional whitework and Cutwork.
For the next card I used the new Clarity Light Panel with White Card over the Waterhouse Plate.  I embossed the Leaf pattern from the plate and then used Denim Adirondack Ink and a Clarity Stencil Brush to colour the card and Highlight the Leaf Pattern. I stamped With Love from the Happy Words Set.  On Blue Parchment I embossed the smaller part of the fan design in individual pieces, pierced and cut around before arranging them on a corner of the card.  I added some tiny flat backed pearls to the center of the detailing on the fan.
 For this piece I used Pale Green Parchment and embossed the lineart from one of the Wren Plates.
I coloured the bird using Polychromos Pencils and the Leaf Pattern with a Promarker
I then added some detailing to the border using the Square Grid
Also shown on the show was the lovely Geisha Plate.  This piece is simple Gold on White, using Tinta Gold Ink on the Waterhouse, Flowers, Dots on the Dress and on the Corner Design.  The frame is made up of the Ornate Box Framer Plate, a corner design from the Geisha Plate and Double Line Border Plate.  A black Promarker was used along the edge to hide the double sided tape.
This last card is another simple piece using another Wren Plate, Nested Circles and Baby Nested Circles, Nested Squares, Straight Grid and Diagonal Grid.
All Groovi Products can be found following the Orange Groovi link at the top right of this blog!

So that's my offering for the moment.  There is a lot more to come!
There is also lots more goodies to come from Claritystamp 
(they are working their little socks off back at Clarity Towers)
So keep an eye out for news updates....Barbara Gray has a treat in store for all you lovely crafters.

Now I really must get on with organising myself and my Groovi Parchment Workshops, Design Samples.....lots to do.....days disappearing..... or is it just me getting old......don't answer that!!!

Hugs to you all 
Happy Crafting

Emma xx

p.s.   If anyone is interested in joining in with a Groovi Parchment Workshop held in Scotland, then please contact me at:  groovi.emburns1@gmail.com  and I will get back to you with more details. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment