Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 14 August 2013

Trellis Wedding Card

Hi Folks!  Its been a little while since my last blog...been ill, been busy, been to a wedding, needed to recover....and forgot to post blog...silly me!  So at the beginning of the month I received my new Clarity Stamp Stencils and Masks...really pleased with them especially as I had a wedding card to make and wasn't quite sure where I was going to go with it. 

I was informed by the bride's mother that the colour would be white and (Cadbury's) purple so I had that in hand and as soon as I saw my new stencils I knew what I wanted to do.
The Trellis Stencil measures  9 x 11 inches and was a great size for what I had come up with.

I placed the stencil over some copy paper and drew around the pattern in black pen.  This I then placed underneath 4 sheets of white vellum which I had cut to just over 4 x 8 inches and using my two needle tool I pierced around the lines.
I trimmed the vellum to 4 x 8 inches and using my parchment scissors I cut out around the shapes to make parchment trellis to add to my card.  I had decided to make a gatefold card and I used A3 White card to make an 8 x 8 inch (when folded).  I cut out two panels of super smooth white card (4 x 8 inches again) and using a purple ink pad (hobbycraft) and my favourite stamps (Clarity Stamp), I created a landscape that spread over the panels with a white border all round which I then attached a vellum trellis using foam tape.
 

I cut out some leafy swirls from white vellum and lightly coloured them with the purple ink which I then threaded through the trellis on the front panels...this helped hide the joins in the foam tape. I used my own stencil of the leafy swirls and stencilled on the inside leaves of the card before attaching the other two pieces of vellum trellis using clear double sided tape. The reason for the trellis inside the card was to hold the gift (money) in place.  I then inked up another landscape with the purple ink and my Clarity Stamps, attached it to the centre of the card, stamped the verse and then added a border of purple shiny peel offs.  


I tied the card with lilac organza ribbon. I also made a box for the card to go in and tied this with the lilac organza ribbon. My finishing touch was a label and an opaque shrink plastic heart with the words (in purple) A Gift For You With Love NDC73-F
All the stamps used on this card come from Clarity Stamp   I have used the Birds, Foliage Branch, and Hollyhocks from Lesson 18 Birdhouse set L18-KIT,
Lupin NDC67-F
3 small trees FT102-C
small larch FR43-C
small scots pine SP-E
grasses 3 F168-F
grasses 2 F210-F
verse MGBTG-F

I also used the small moon mask (new from Clarity Stamp) with of course my new trellis stencil
I almost forgot...I drew in the flock of birds using an ultra fine nib on a Promarker - Amethyst.
And yes! I forgot to take photos of the heart, label and box....I remembered just before the groom collected the card and took a quick photo but it was so out of focus that I couldn't use it...ah well!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment