Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 28 September 2013

Charity Find recycled!

Hi Folks!  In between helping my friend decorate and doing some art work for her I did manage to get some time off and I did a little piece for myself.  I was browsing through a charity shop and I found this item going for £1.50 and I thought I can do something with that!

As soon as I got home I went to work on it.  I had to cover up the background image (it was of a very bright orange and green plant of some sort) using white tile paint  (two coats) then left to dry overnight.   I then stamped my boxes for my letters and then my letters (from the Letterbox set)and then I placed letterbox masks over the boxes (you get all of these items from Clarity Stamp....just click on the highlighted text for each of them and you will be taken directly to the page that they are displayed on their website....and no I am not on commission, just think that they are such good quality and value for money and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone)
Back to my sign....I then placed the masks of the Jigsaw pieces randomly onto the tile, and using torn copy paper, sponge, Starry Starry Night Whispers ink and Faded Jeans distress ink created a landscape. 

I removed the jigsaw masks one at a time and created a scene using the Cat, Squirrel, Birds and Floral Branch from the Birdhouse set.  I replaced the masks and then did a bit of shading around each piece.  I removed all of the masks and left to dry.   I had to then draw round the jigsaw pieces using Teal Zeal Distress Marker just to give them a bit more definition.
I now have it attached to the wall just outside my crafting area and I am very happy with it (especially as now I don't have to keep picking up my aprons from a chair...usually one that my cats have sat on). 
So not only did my little purchase go to a good cause it put a smile on my face too. xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment