Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday 20 September 2014

Butterflies and Flowers in Pink

Hi Folks!  Well the weather seems to be picking up a bit here in South Ayrshire so I thought that I would get my Post done before I get lost in the sunshine.  Baby Tortoises have been bathed and fed and housework done too, so I do not feel that guilty for doing nothing for the rest of the day but gardening!

A lot of Crafters are off to the crafting event at the Ally Pally (wish I was there too but its at the other end of the country...have a great day everyone).  In fact I hope that anyone attending any craft event this weekend find what they want and have a great time.

I have a little pink number to share with you all today, I hope you like it.

I chose some Clarity Stamp Stamps to make the image for this Card.  I have only used one ink pad - Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson.
Large Butterfly
Small Butterfly
Grasses 2
Grasses 3
Floral Crook
Best Wishes (from line sentiment set 1)
Floral Branch (from lesson 18 set) (forgot to put in photo)
A5Theuva Card 
Clarity Stencil Brush 
Masking Tape
Double sided Tape
8 x 8 inch blank card and envelope
Printable Acetate
Post-it notes and Decoupage Scissors




So to begin with I cut my Theuva Card into a square and covered up the edges using masking tape...tip!  rub some moisturiser on the inner part of your arms and then dab on your masking tape to de-tack it...works a treat!




I stamped the Floral Crook and covered the leaves and flowers with masks (post-it note sticky end) I then lightly stamped the Large Butterfly randomly around the card I removed the masks and then stamped in the Grasses and the Floral Branch.  Next I shaded around the edges of the image using my Clarity Stencil Brush.


I then Stamped the Large Butterfly onto a piece of Printable Acetate and left this to dry before cutting it out.  I removed the masking tape and took the edge of my ink pad around the edges of the image and mounted this onto my 8 x 8 Card. I then mounted the Acetate Butterfly using a clear silicon glue


I stamped the Best Wishes Line Stamp onto the front of the card and then I decorated the insert with lightly stamped Small Butterfly and the Best Wishes line stamp and attached this to the card with double sided tape. 

This is the finished card and I am glad to say that it was well received!


Happy Crafting everyone!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment