Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Thursday 27 November 2014

Fly Away Dreams

Hi Folks!  Yesterday Barbara Gray posted on her Blog about a lovely new Leafy Stencil and it reminded me that I hadn't posted about a card that I had made a few weeks ago for a young chap that was moving on to pastures new.  So I thought that I had better get on and do it before I forget again!!

So Blue for a boy ... I stamped the boy with the birds in Archival - Cornflower Blue on Clarity Coated A5 Card.  Then sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set from underneath.  I had used a spellbinders die to cut out the shape first.

Next step was to put in a moon mask and then create some sky and a bit of a landscape with the copy paper.  Brayer used for the Sky and Make-up sponges for the landscape shading.  Added a flock of birds and then I set about adding the lovely  Maple Leaf and did a bit of secondary stamping.  I love the effect the wet ink has on this type of card with the leaves...you get shading without even trying!  I then stamped the sentiment and embossed it as with the boy.




Now just a little reminder when using coated card stock to let your ink dry  completely unless you are embossing it as the ink will stay wet for a while...you can hurry it along a bit by using your heat gun.  And if you are using embossing powders, brush a bit of talcum powder over your work first...great for getting rid of static!

This was actually a last minute card and I was not quite sure of where I was heading.  But mounting this piece on a blank card just didn't look right so I decided to add a rectangular backing sheet. I once again used the Maple Leaf stamp on Theuva Card to create a border and then attached it together with double sided tape and then mounted it onto a blank white card.

I also stamped the Maple Leaf inside the card too but unfortunately I can't let you see it as it was immediately taken from me and promptly some very rude words were written in it. ( all in jest I am told )

I love using just one colour of ink and achieving as many shades as possible out of it.  The shading is dependant on which type of card or paper you use too.  Coated Card will give you a darker / stronger image, whereas Plain card or Theuva Card will give you a softer image.


The young chap loved his card and confessed that he thought he would end up with a very bright pink girly card...I told him I had that one in reserve!

Happy Crafting everyone !

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment