I have no objection to anyone using my card designs but my Blog and I would appreciate a mention. Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Saturday, 1 August 2015

Clarity Stamp Challenge # 30

Hiya Folks!  1st of the Month again...OMG August!!  Time is definitely moving too fast for me!

Today is the beginning of Challenge 30 over at the ClarityStamp Challenge Blog and the theme for this month is:
 BINGO (tic tac toe).
There is a Grid of 9 Squares on the Challenge Blog, and named in each square is an item with which you can use to create a card etc.  You can choose to go for a "Full House", a "Diagonal Line", a "Horizontal Line", "Vertical Line" or "Four Corners"  using what is named in the corresponding squares. 

But as in ALL the previous challenges, any Stamping or Stencilling has to be done using ClarityStamp Stencils and Stamps only.
The Winner (picked by Random.org) will receive a £50 Claritystamp Gift Voucher
and will also be given a guest spot to design a piece for the following challenge.

For My Design Team Piece, I have chosen to go for the central "Horizontal Line" 
the items in that line are Stencil, Grunge Paste and Stamp.


 Below are the ingredients that I used to make my Design Piece.  
(all except my Trimmer...too big to get in photo lol and two equal sizes of Grunge Board)
I used three Stencils and one Stamp
So I have made a cover for my latest Kindle!  I had to make a new one as this Kindle has a camera, front and back and my last one didn't.  So I had to make new...yes I could have bought one, but this was more fun!!!
I began with measuring out some Black Craft Foam to line the inside of the front cover and also some strips to go around the edges of the back cover.  I then trimmed a piece of Non Slip Matting which I coloured Black with a ProMarker.  I set these aside while things got a bit messy!









Front Cover: Grunge Board, Stencils and Grunge Paste. Masking off the areas I did not want, I grunge pasted the NDSC 13 DISH  Stencil first, let it dry.  Grunged the NDSC 3 TREE Stencil , let it dry (Remember you need to have warm soapy water handy to clean Stencils and Scraper ASAP) Back Cover: I used the Deckled Circle Stencil with the Grunge Paste.


Once Grunge Paste was Dry, I added a Flourish to the Dish.

I painted Black Acrylic to the Front and let this completely Dry.
I then Added Bronze Acrylic and before it was completely dry I wiped a fair bit away with a Baby Wipe.  I then repeated this step with Gold Acrylic and Baby Wipe.

The next step was to randomly add some Gilding Wax.  I used a Red, Gold and Green Wax using a bit of Kitchen roll to apply and to Polish it up.

Now at this stage, it looked ok but I wanted to give more of a shine along with old wood effect so I again had a play with the Acrylic paints.  This time adding Black and immediately removing it by using scrunched-up copy paper. I repeated the process with Bronze, Gold and Finally some more Black.  I also removed some of the Black from the Tree and the Flourish on the Dish with a damp (not wet) bit of Kitchen Roll. I then gave the whole thing a really good polishing.
I used a Craft Knife to cut out a small square so as not to obstruct the camera lens.

I used the NDC December 2014 STAG which was stamped in Gold Ink onto the Deckled Circle on the Back Cover

Now remember the Foam and Non-Slip Matting from earlier.  Well I attached the Matting with Hot Glue to the inside of the Back Cover, leaving a couple of inches excess at one end. I also added strips of Foam around the edges to nestle my Kindle into. I  then attached the excess matting to the Front Cover, this then formed my Flexible Hinge.  Once set, I coated a thick layer of Bookbinding Glue over the entire inside of Front Cover and added a thin sheet of Foam which hid the matting and gave me a cushioning for the Screen of my Kindle.






The last thing I did to finish off was to use a glue spreader to fill in the edges around the covers with Grunge Paste and then I painted the edges with Black Acrylic, just to make it look neater.
I am very happy with my new cover, Kindle securely fixed in, Camera tested (I was worried that the aperture was not big enough) Picture above was taken with the Kindle.

So Folks!  lots of combinations to have a play with this month.  Pop on over to the Challenge Blog and have a look at the wonderful Design Team Pieces that my Team Mates have created for your inspiration.  Looking forward to seeing all your marvellous creations.

Happy Crafting!!

Hugs

Emma x