Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 28 June 2013

Clarity Stamp Challenge 4

Hi folks, cutting it fine for the entry to the Clarity Stamp Challenge blog (May - Mr & Mrs)I thought that I had already posted it but oops! I hadn't.  I have been busy doing some furniture renovation and have got a bit carried away with it, I have one piece left to do but I thought I had better get this blog finished first. 

So the challenge this month is for Weddings and Anniversaries.  I have made an Anniversary card to give to my husband later in the year (this is the earliest I have made one for him, I am usually finishing it off the night before).

The picture that I have taken of the card shows it much lighter than it actually is and it does not show up the shimmer from the ink, so apologies.

I decided on the Love Birds stamp (no. 80) that I got from Clarity Stamp New Design Club this month (we in the club get a free stamp each month before it goes on sale on Clarity Stamp site) along with the Love You  (no.60) NDC69-F  as my focal point. 

I used the Foliage Branch from the English Garden (Lesson 18 bought from create and craft tv) for the background and Happy Anniversary from the Happy Words Set (REMHAP). 

I used ONE ink pad for the whole design, Archival Brilliance - Twilight.  This is a tri-colour ink pad.  the colours are pale blue, lilac and Pale Pink. 





I stamped my Love Birds and Love Verse onto Theuva Card.  I made two masks, one for the love birds and one for the heart shaped moon. I used my Ink Dusters to colour in the background starting with the Pale Blue and working down to the Pale Pink. I removed the moon mask then I proceeded to stamp around the edge of the card with the foliage Branch from the English Garden Set and matching the colour of the branch to the background shade.

I stamped the Happy words on to shrink plastic using the same ink pad and then attached this to the finished design using light blue and white striped string. 

I then trimmed my design, mounted it onto pure white card to give a .5cm border and then mounted this onto A5 Silky Smooth cream card. 

Now I just have to make an envelope and file it away (hope I don't forget that I have made it...having a lot of CRAFT moments lately).

 
I used clear shrink plastic, a corner punch and a hole punch before shrinking.  Note the bubbles - I had a kink in the plastic that took forever to come out but I was pleased with this in the end as the plastic now looks frosted...its actually tiny little bubbles cool!
 
 
 
 
 

Bits n pieces used to make this card.
Ink Dusters, Double sided Tape, Stencil Tape, Scissors, Heat Mat, Heat gun, String. Stamps (all from Clarity Stamp) Ink, Theuva Card, Pure White Card, Super Silky Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment