Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Thursday 28 November 2013

Traditional Christmas Card

A bit of a traditional card now.  I was having a bit of a play with my new Holly Sprigs stamps from Clarity Stamp and I decided that making a frame for my card was the way to go with these stamps.  So that's what I did.
I stamped the framework onto a piece of A5 Theuva Card using Memento Northern Pine Ink Pad. I then went around using 2nd generation ink.  I then went around again using Memento Northern Pine Ink Pad.


I then stamped in the children on the sledge.  I used a bit torn copy paper and stamped over the edge of this to give the effect that the sledge is weighted down in the snow.  I did the same process for the trees and the hedge in the background.  I also used torn copy paper and makeup sponge to  mark in little areas and to give the sledge a hill to run down.  I then added Diamond Sparkles - Fairie Kisses ( I know that's not how you spell fairy but that's how it's spelt on the tub) to the trees, hedge and ground.
I also coloured in the Berries with a Cardinal Red ProMarker which I then used clear Glossy Accents on to give the berries a shine.

I trimmed my image down and I used a piece of the scrap to stamp Happy Christmas (northern pine)and also a Holly Sprig (olive grove). I shaded a bit around the edges using Memento - Pistachio ink pad.  Then using a Spellbinder Fancy Tag and bigshot I cut it out.  To finish the tag I attached some of my foil leaves that I had cut out (shown in an earlier post) to the back and then attached this to the corner of my card using double sided foam pad.


I mounted my design onto a silver foiled card from my stash and then mounted this onto a white card using double sided tape.  Now I am away to make an envelope to match but since the day is fast disappearing I thought that I had better get this Blogged.  So here it is the finished card.  Hope you like it.



I am entering this into the Clarity Stamp Challenge.  http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/challenge-9.html

Good luck to everyone entering and hugs to all xx




          

No comments:

Post a Comment