Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Tuesday 26 November 2013

Christmas Card Making Countdown

Hello Folks!  Well everyone seems to be well into the Christmas Card Countdown now, including me!  I have separate lists for what I need to do and I am trying to get some done from each of them every day for the next 10 days, so I hope that I will have time to Blog about them. (Or rather remember to Blog!!)


So this little card is from a second batch that I have managed to get finished.
 
I was asked to add to an order at the last minute (before posting to my customer) a card for a little child and I immediately thought of this Teddy Bear card.  The image is from the Forever Friend's Christmas Character selection.
I printed and then cut out the image building it up with double sided foam pads.  I put this to the side.

I then chose to cut out squares to mat and layer the background.  I decided that I would colour the background on the first layer with Archival Plum ink using an ink duster.  I then went around the corners with Archival Coffee and also put in a bit of shading under the Teddy to give it a grounding.

I also took my embossing tool around the edge to give it more definition.  I then cut out a larger square from a Christmas Paper Pad from my stash.  I shaded in the corners of this with the Archival Plum ink.
I then matted these up and attached the Teddy Beat with Double Sided tape.  I like to use strong tape when I am doing layers or adding decoupage ( sometimes when building up a card one can get carried away so you have to choose a suitable strong fixative)







Before mounting the Teddy I decided to liven him up a little bit by Clear Embossing his nose...just to make him look a bit more like Rudolph!.


I took one of my pricing labels and coloured the string with Archival Plum ink and I gave the label the same shading treatment as the first background layer using both inks.  I finished it off with writing the sentiment with a Black Micron Pen.  I threaded the string between the layers on the scarf and tied it with a simple bow.

I also took the Micron Pen around the stitching on the fake Reindeer Horns.

Then I matted this onto a cream card.  I hope you like it.  Crafty hugs to al xx

I have decided to enter this card in to the following challenges:
http://ready-teddy-gochallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment