Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday 27 April 2014

Just a Note

Hi Folks !  A little card here using Clarity Stamps.  I made this card for a friend who had recently undergone an operation and was well into her recovery and I just wanted to let her know I was thinking of her.

I decided to use my new Small leafy Swirl  stamp along with the sentiment Just a Note.  I love the leafy swirl stamps and the font of the sentiment blends in nicely with them.  I have used only one ink pad Archival Brilliance - Pearlescent Lavender.


I began by stamping the leafy swirl around the edges of my Card Blank, 'blotting before plotting' as Barbara Gray is always saying.



I then taped up a piece of Textured Card with Low Tack Tape and stamped the swirl at an angle.  Next I stamped the sentiment followed by the swirl again.
I then part stamped the swirl in the opposite corners but this time adding a blotted image too.


I shaded in the corners using my Clarity Stencil Brushes.  I removed the Low Tack Tape and taking my ink pad I ran it along the edges of my image.  I finally
attached this piece to my already stamped card blank with double sided tape













I do like the effect of the shading in this card which unfortunately is quite hard to see.  I went for a light touch rather than having dark corners as it suited the colour of the ink better.


Designed by Emma Burns, Handmade in Scotland, http://emmburns.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope you like it.

Happy Crafting!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment