Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Sunday, 27 April 2014

Playing with my Melt Pot.

Hi Folks! Once again I have been a bit remiss in doing my Blog Posts.  Surely you can forgive me as I have had a good reason...the SUN has been shining!  I have also been doing a bit of landscaping in my new garden (with the help of my husband and son.  They do all the donkey work...I just point and tell them where to put things, I was allowed to plant the bulbs though)

I have to admit that I haven't made many cards this month but I have been playing with my Melt Pot.  I have been making moulds from some of the embellishments I have in my craft stash and practising my technique of pouring the UTEE in them.  So far I feel they are not up to sharing...a few air bubbles got missed here and there but I am getting better, will share when I feel they are up to scratch.

But what I am proud of is the flowers that I have made using two new dies from Sizzix.  I got a load of new things from their recent sale, saved over a £120 BARGAIN.


I used Rose 3D 658504 to make this lovely rose. 
Designed by Emma Burns, Handmade in Scotland, http://emmburns.blogspot.co.uk/

It is a spiral die and very easy to use.  I added a couple of leaves  from my stash - a Marriane Die - coloured them with a Pro Marker before sticking them to the back.  I then dipped them in my Melt Pot.  Not bad for a first attempt me thinks!

Susan's Garden Mini Lily 658408


I then went on to make these two lovely Orchids.  I started with white paper and coloured the petals and leaves with a Pro Marker.  The only thing I didn't like was the stamen part of the die so I decided to use some of my wire that I still have from when I used to make flowers from Petal Paste.  The wire has a coating on it that you can colour with pens like the Pro Markers.  I just folded the wire over ( concertina ) and then snipped the folds at one end.  I bent the ends over and coloured the tips with a brown Pro Marker.  Using the wire made it easier to glue into the middle of the flowers too.

Designed by Emma Burns, Handmade in Scotland, http://emmburns.blogspot.co.uk/

So now I am going to have a play and see what flowers I can produce from these dies as I have had a request to decorate some boxes with them.  I have one more post to write for today and then I had better get a move on as I still have a challenge to enter too, running out of time this month.  Note to self...get organised girl!

I would love to hear what you think about my flowers, all comments welcome especially if you have any tips to pass on.


Happy Crafting!

Emma xx