Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Friday 23 May 2014

Stag and Deer landscape card

Morning Folks!  What a lovely sunny day it is going to be here in South Ayrshire, Scotland.  I was up early to watch the sunrise from my back garden.  The sun comes shining through a bunch of trees on the horizon and the glow coming through is fantastic.  So it may seem strange that the following card actually looks like a winter scene.

This card was made for a man's birthday and the request was for a Scottish feel but not to use too many colours.  I had just got my new Woodland Set from Clarity Stamp that day in the mail so I decided to use this wonderful Stag from it. Thank you Barbara Gray and the team at Clarity Stamp for making him.  

I stamped directly onto a Cream Satin 8 x 8 inch card blank using Ranger Distress ink - Chipped Sapphire. I then put a border around the card using low tack tape covering the back end of the stag.   



I then stamped the Forest Ridge using Ranger Distress Ink - Faded Jeans followed by the Deerscape in Chipped Sapphire. 
I added some Birch leaves at the top and sides with the Chipped Sapphire.  I stamped twice to give the Faded effect.

I also added some shading to the Deerscape using a make-up sponge and a bit of torn copy paper.  I lifted the low tack tape at the Stag and using the same technique I added some shading to him.

I then added the slanted Happy Birthday again in Faded Denim.

Next I put some shading with the Chipped Sapphire around the edges of the picture and I decided to add a grassy edge to the bottom  using the long stamp from the Winter Trees Set From Clarity Stamp.

Finally I used a Pro Marker - Indigo Blue to go around the edge to give the effect of the picture being mounted onto the card.


This was a very quick card to make...it just seems longer in the way I tell it!

That's all for today and hopefully I will remember to do another post tomorrow...old age getting to my memory!

Happy Crafting everyone.

Hugs 

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment