Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Monday 1 June 2015

Clarity Stamp Challenge 28

Hi Folks! Once again another month has flown by this year and it is now 1st of June...You all know what that means...Yes the start of another ClarityStamp Challenge over on the Blog  (last month's challenge 'Clocks' brought in some absolutely wonderful artwork....getting tougher each month for us on the Design Team to pick our Top 5 Favourites!!!)


This months Theme is: Boys, Boys, Boys!

For my Design Team Sample I have made a Triptych Birthday Card using some Clarity Boy stamps.

So in order to make this card I used the following:

Boys - Wee Folk 2
Mini Leaf
Mini Grasses 1
Archival - Potting Soil,
Adirondack - Stonewashed,
Memento - Summer Sky
Clarity Stencil Brush
Makeup sponge
Scissors
Post-it Notes
Double sided Foam Pads
Double sided Tape
Craft Knife
Brown Sharpie Pen



I stamped the Boy with his Dog first. As you can see this stamp comes within a frame. Made a mask of this stamp leaving just the edges exposed, inked it up with Archival Potting Soil, as I wanted to make frames for the other two ATC's.
  
I masked off the edges of all the Frames with Post-it Notes and then stamped the other images onto the ATC cards.  I stamped the boys first before masking two of them so that I could do some background and foreground stamping with the grasses and tree.
I had a right old mess going on...glad I had Nail Polish Remover to clean the stamps with!
After all this stamping I began shading the foreground with a makeup sponge and the Archival ink and a bit of torn copy paper.  Then using Memento Summer Sky across the middle of each card, also some Adirondack Stonewashed for the sky and a bit of water.  I applied the ink using my Clarity Stencil Brushes.
I removed the Post-it notes, marked the edges with a Brown Fine Line Sharpie Pen and added the tip of the Leaf stamp to the corner of each card for a finishing touch.  I trimmed the ATC's down to the edge of the Framing on all three.
I stamped the sentiment onto another ATC and used the excess ink on one of my brushes to colour the boxes.  This is a great little set from Clarity Stamp....very useful!  I cut out the boxes, mounted the 'Happy' directly onto the ATC  and mounted the 'Birthday' underneath directly onto the DL card with Foam Pads.
A little private sentiment for the insert later and there you have a finished card!

I hope this gives you a bit of inspiration to join in the challenge this month and I hope to see your wonderful artwork there!!  Remember there is a £50 gift voucher to spend at ClarityStamp up for grabs and a spot as guest designer for the winner too!!
To see the RULES and have a gander at what the other ladies on the Design Team have made, just follow the link below:

Happy Crafting and hope to see your wonderful entries soon.

Hugs,

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment