Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Thursday 2 May 2013

April Clarity Stamp challenge Result

Congratulations to Stephanie Cunningham who won the April Clarity Stamp Challenge 'In the garden' with entry number 29.  Well done, it is a lovely card.

My entry to the April challenge was very rewarding to do, especially with the comments received from some of the design team ladies, so thank you to them, made my day.


I chose to split my image into two using one of my spellbinder label dies. I also chose to use only 4 colours but used my ink dusters to give me the shading in the sky and the grass and my splodge mat to give me the 2nd generation ink that I needed for the foliage.   The inks I used were archival brilliance pearlescent crimson, memento olive green, memento summer sky and a mini yellow from papermania.

I also used my versamark to help make the clouds. (great tip learnt from Barbara Gray)



The Beech Leaf (REMLEAV-F), Single Tree (TREE-F 2012), Fern (F212-MINI), Grasses 7 (F156-MINI), Flowers (F150-MINI), Cow Parsley (NDC March 2013), Daydreamer (VMD-C), Friends Verse (WF70-F) are the clarity Stamps that I used.

I started my design by stamping up the beech leaf framing at the top of the card, using 1st 2nd and 3rd generation inking with the help of the splodge mat ( its great for keeping your ink wet longer).
I used the Daydreamer for the edge between the sky and land, only using part of the mini stamp.
I masked off the yellow flower heads after stamping and the base of the tree so that they would not discolour when doing the land.   I then made the masks for the landscape from copy paper, using my ink dusters to shade, I used a rolled up makeup sponge to do the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment