Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Thursday, 23 May 2013

Shades of Blue 3, Bird Song, May ClarityStamp Challenge

Well its that time again when I had better get my entry in to the Clarity Stamp Challenge.  This month the theme is "Its all in the Sentiment".  This card below was made using 8 Clarity Stamps  3 Blue Inks, Copy paper, Post-it notes, makeup sponges and Ink Dusters and some Stencil Tape.







 
I started with A5 Theuva Card, masking up the edges to make a frame.  I decided to use the Birdsong quote along with the Hanging Vine and Birdcage (New Design Club Free Monthly Stamp) as these were 3 of my newest stamps. I also used the Love Birds and the rod from Lesson 10 Birdcage Set and two of the Maple leaves from the remountable set.
 
(once you clean the blue indexing off the stamps they are completely clear - I stamped them in blue ink to be able to get a clearer photo of them). I began stamping using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink, the Hanging Vine and the Birdcage, then the two Love Birds.  I then stamped the Rod and Sentiment which I covered with a post-it note. Using the end of the Hanging Vine I linked these two together. (I shortened the length of the Rod
by only inking up at one end at a time before stamping onto my card). 
 
Once again I used Chipped Sapphire Distress ink to stamp the Maple leaves, using 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation ink.  My next move was to put in my paper moon and my hill which I made from copy paper.  I used  my Ink Dusters along with Memento - Summer Sky ink at the lightest part of the sky then Faded Denim Distress Ink for the middle.  I then changed to using a makeup sponge to darken the edges with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and to also dab and drag my hills.
 
I removed all the masks and placed long post-it notes around the Birdsong verse, I then dabbed and dragged lightly the Chipped Sapphire ink to give a bit of shading and finished off by dabbing a straight line around the verse to make the frame stand out (I placed Post-it notes along the outside edge and also on the inside edge which enabled me to get a straight line without the bother of having to make sure a ruler didn't slip)
 
I felt at this point that the Rod was a bit weak so I went over it with a Blue Promarker. (I have changed my mind since then).
 
I removed all the masking tape from the edges and mounted the image directly onto an A5 Card using double sided tape. And there you have it one Sentiment card ready for the challenge.