Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Monday 28 October 2013

Winter Card Challenge

Hi again Folks!  It seems to have been a busy month for a lot of crafters here in the UK. What with marathon TV appearances, Craft Shows, Craft Classes, competitions and plain old making cards for Christmas! I managed to get to the craft show at the SECC in glasgow last week and had a great day.  I got to meet two of my favourite Crafting Ladies, Barbara Gray (the lady behind and in front of Clarity Stamps who just does everything arty and crafty) and Maria Simms ( Designer, demonstrator, teacher)  They both took time out to talk to me and I got a lovely hug from Maria (she also set me a challenge...more of that in a later blog) and my friend took a picture of me with Barbara (my is she tall...I am only a tiny little thing - well in height I am lol).  So a big thank you to both of them for taking time out (hope your neck is better Barbara)

I started on my Christmas Card orders a few weeks ago (can't post pictures yet) and I still have a few to go before I can even get on with cards for family and friends ( hope I don't run out of steam or ideas).  The following card has not been allocated to anybody yet so I can post about that.  (Please note that I have just finished this card and my glue behind the sentiment hasn't even dried yet, hence you can still see it...I was loosing daylight)  I am going to enter this into the Clarity stamp Challenge 8 Winter.

I have used 4 Clarity Stamps for this card.  Log Cabin, Winter Tree and Mantle (from lesson 21 stamp set),
Small Deer scape and Happy Christmas sentiment.

I began by making a mask from a post-it note for the Log Cabin. Then using Ranger Distress Ink - Faded Jeans and 2nd gen ink I stamped onto Theuva Card from Clarity Stamps.  I placed the mask over the Cabin. My next step was to pick my tree from the set and stamp over the mask so that my first set of trees would be behind the Cabin. I then stamped the Mantles for the trees. Next I stamped the trees that would be in the foreground. I inked the edge of the Deer scape Stamp with Ranger Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire and placed that onto my winter scene. Then using a torn bit of copy paper and makeup sponge I put in some shading for the snow with the Faded Jeans ink.






I placed my Spellbinders Decorative Labels 4 onto my image and put this through my Bigshot.  I chose to mount this onto Blue Vellum from my craft stash which I have made a simple design on.


I used an Oval  die to cut out some shrink plastic and I placed this over a previously stamped image of the words Happy Christmas.  I used a Pro marker - Twilight Blue to trace over words. This I then shrunk with my heat gun.  Once this was done I traced around it on white card, cut it out and then fixed onto the underside to make the words stand out more.  Using some scrap of blue vellum I cut out a larger oval, marked out a new design, embossed and cut out and then attached this to the underside of the sentiment. After mounting the main Image onto White Card I then attached the sentiment to the bottom.
I hope you like it and crafty hugs to all x

I have entered this card for the following challenges:
http://claritystampchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/challenge-8.html
http://thegloryofchristmaschallenge.blogspot.de/
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/chnc-challenge-extra-for-october.html



No comments:

Post a Comment