Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Wednesday 11 December 2013

Santa Shaker Card

Hi Folks! My blog has been a bit quiet of late due to illness.  It wasn't feeling very well and had managed to have a relapse of the Flu.  On the mend so it is about time to get another post on the go! I also have to say THANK YOU to all my Crafty Friends for their warm birthday wishes. Hugs to all xx

So I have a little shaker card to show today and these are just some of the items used in its making.
For my main image (santa) is a stamp that I managed to pick up from a car boot sale earlier in the year. I also used a small snowflake stamp from Clarity Stamp which I stamped lightly in the background.
But before I did my stamping I cut out the shapes that I wanted using my bigshot and spellbinders labels 4, Theuva Card, Film coated Clear Acetate.

Dies used
I placed two of my dies onto the A5 Theuva card and put through the bigshot at the same time - one inside the other.  (I only wanted the outer layer to begin with.)  I then took the inner die and traced it out on Theuva card and then cut out around it.  I also used this same die for the template for the clear Acetate window.  





outer Die and Acetate
So I now have 1 x outer frame, 1 x inner plain piece and 1 x Acetate window. (Both the Acetate and the inner frame are larger now than if I had cut them out using the bigshot...the reason for this is that they now fit behind the outer framework by about .5cm)  I coloured the frame using my ink duster and Memento Teal Zeal.  I used double sided tape on the back of the frame around the inner edge and then attached the Acetate.  (Remember to remove one side of the protective film from the Acetate...the side being attached to the underside of the frame)

Taking my inner piece of card I stamped my Santa image in Cool Piri Adirondack ink. I coloured the image using Pro Markers -  Duck Egg, Soft Green, Blush.  I used Cool grey 1 and a Blender to shade in the beard and hair.








I masked parts of the image while I shaded in the background with Memento Summer Sky and Teal Zeal and this is when I stamped the snowflake.  I used a quickie glue pen to attach White Flocking to Santa's Hat, Cuff, Jacket and top of his boots.

Once I had this all done I began to put it all together.  I removed the other layer of protective film, attached double sided foam tape around the edge of the acetate.  I laid down a small clump of Dry UTEE over the Santa image and then laid down the framework.  (I usually use Micro Beads but I didn't have enough for what I wanted so I substituted with the UTEE).
Now my Santa was standing in a nice deep pile of snow.



I  cut out 4 small swirls from a pale blue Vellum using a leafy swirl die from Cheery Lynn.  I stamped out Merry Christmas (freebie from a magazine) onto printable vellum with Teal Zeal.  I then pierced around the words and then cut out using my parchment scissors.  Using Tinta Pearl and my nib pen I coloured the inside of the lettering.  Once this was dry I then mounted these pieces onto my framework using Pergamano Glue.  I had already put in my insert and mounted the framework to a plain white card so all I had to do then was to shake the card to make sure it was sealed properly (It was thankfully) and take a final photo before putting it in its envelope.




It is my first shaker card made for christmas this year, I have a few more to go so I had better get on with them.  I hope you like this one and I hope I didn't ramble too much.  Thank you for reading xx

Crafty Hugs to all!

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment