I was given a last minute order for 25 cards (hubby at his best) just before Christmas. So breaking my own goal as to not make more than one of the same card I relinquished a bit due to time constraints.
I Have kept the design as simple as I could. I began with a plain white A4 card, folded this in half and embossed the whole of one side with my dotty embossing folder. I cut a length of Silver Glitter Paper Ribbon and attached this to the front of the card. I then put a piece of White Pearl Card through my bigshot in a thin strip embossing folder, trimmed it so when attached it would leave a small silver border.
I attached a Metallic Leafy Swirl embellishment from my stash ( I had made these a little while ago...this one from a coke can). I then set about making a Poinsettia using my Marianne dies. I cut out one large and two small petal rounds and I also cut out the stamen in white Vellum. I cut a further round of petals in Pale green Vellum to cut up for leaves. I smooched the petals with a Tumble Dryer Sheet then embossed the veins with a small ball tool. I also embossed the edges of the petals too.
|close up of vellum poinsettia|
So I set about Die cutting more Vellum Poinsettias and raiding my stash for all my Metallic Leafy Swirls and cutting Ribbon, embossing the Christmas Words Panel and embossing the dots.
I was getting a bit tired with repeating it all and I made a mistake while embossing the actual cards so I changed tactics and cut out rectangles with my guillotine to emboss the dots. I also changed the sizes of the Leafy Swirls (I hadn't cut 25 of the same size). I even Die Cut a few Pale Green Vellum ones. As a final little touch I used Holographic Peel Offs around the edge of the dotty embossed card.
|coke can die cut|
|foil from Coffee Packaging|
|Large Vellum Die Cut|
|Small Vellum Die Cut|
This last version was made using a sheet of sticky back green glitter. I put a strip of white Vellum through the bigshot with the Christmas words folder. Attached a pale green satinised ribbon behind it (it shows through). I also used a pale green Flat Backed Pearl.
So I ended up with quite a few versions and I am very happy to report that they went down extremely well. These of course were for the 'girls' and I ended up having to make other cards for the 'boys'.....they do say that there is no rest for the wicked!