Thank you to all who read my Blog and leave a comment. I really do appreciate every one of them and do my utmost to reply as soon as possible.
Crafty hugs to all!


Monday 17 March 2014

Flower Fairy with Acetate cover



Hi folks!  Here is the flower fairy that I promised last week.  Yes I know I'm a bit late in getting it posted. No excuses I simply got distracted making a shelf unit for my 12 x 12 papers.  I am a bit of a recycler and what with having recently moved home, having lots of good boxes just going into storage I decided to cannibalise one and forgot to do the post.  Sorry xxx

I had to make a largish card so I took an A4 Cream Satin Card and using my Ultimate Pro from Crafter's Companion I scored along one line (Tri Fold). I then moved this scored line up to the curvy line, scored then cut out along this line. This then gave me a larger back to my card with just a bit coming over the front. (roughly 8 x 8).  I then took a piece of A4 Acetate trimmed this down to fit behind the front fold and stuck it in place with double sided tape.  Not having any 8 x 8 inserts or envelopes at the time I obviously had to make my own.  So glad I always have 12 x 12 paper for envelopes which I make using the Ultimate Pro.  I used A3 Art paper to make the insert as I wanted to have the main picture on the front of the insert without any ink showing through.

So I stamped out the Flower Fairy in Black Archival onto Post-it Note ( I had to do this a few times as the fairy stamp is quite large). Also the corner flowers.  I then cut them out and put them to the side on a spare bit acetate ( I always keep a bit on my work desk just for this reason). The Fairy is Almond Blossom from Crafter's Companion. I then stamped the fairy onto the front of the insert and also the corner flowers.



I coloured in the flesh using a Blush Pro Marker and then using my pencils shaded in the fairy and the flowers.

I then covered the fairy  and flowers with the Post-it notes and  shaded in a bit of a background.  I used a Clarity Stamp Tree and Whispers Sage for the trees and the bushes.  I then stuck this in to the base card.


This is definitely not the best photo I have ever taken but it is the best one without the Flash reflecting off the Acetate.  Here it looks dull instead of looking delicate.


I finished the card off with a pale green gauzy ribbon down the left hand side and tied with a double bow and guess what?  Camera died on me so I couldn't get a picture of the finished card or the matching envelope! Typical!  I hope you like it anyway.

Happy Crafting!

Emma xx


No comments:

Post a Comment